Monday, August 31, 2009

The Last Song Ruined it for Me


A friend of mine, whom I had lead worship with a while back, called me to chat. During our conversation he told me of an encounter he had with a woman that approached him after the service we had lead together. She told him, with arms crossed, "The last song ruined it for ME."

I'm sorry, that last song wasn't actually for YOU, ma'am. Wow!

Let's remember who worship is intended for. Worship service isn't a concert or an entertainment venue. Sometimes as musicians we can make mistakes that seriously distract others during their time of corporate worship.... but I want to get to a place where I am loving God so much during worship, the least of my concerns are a missed note from the pianist, a tired voice from the song leader, or even a personal preference not being met concerning musical style.

1 comment:

  1. Sadly our churches are often filled with consumers, there for what they can get...instead of being there to worship and to serve others...sad but true!

    Lori
    www.loribiddle.com

    ReplyDelete